Tuesday, November 12, 2013

ART JOURNALING

I started my first art journal last year when I joined an art journal swap. I don't know why I didn't do one sooner. It is so much easier to experiment and play without pressure to make something perfect.

On this page I first painted it with Ranger's acrylic paint daubers. When that dried I sketched a face then  used colored pencils. I used a stencil and a black colored pencil for the lettering but didn't love it so I rubbed it out quite a bit with my finger and went over it with some white acrylic paint. I then sealed the whole thing. I loved using the colored pencils over the acrylic paints. They are flat so it took the pencils great!


In this one the background was already done for me by my swap partner Brenda. I drew this lady and colored with colored pencils.

Thanks for stopping in to look!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...